- We will provide a safe and loving environment, that all children feel is a place they can call home.
- As a staff, we will treat all children in our care as our own.
- We will provide the basic needs of water, food, clothing and health care for all our children.
- We will provide a primary and secondary education in local schools, monitoring their progress and academic development.
- We will teach our children the value of a balanced lifestyle, including time for play and relaxation.
- We will seek to develop our children’s life skills and wider interests, providing them with tools to equip themselves for an independent future.
First day at school and it's all smiles as these girls now get an education
The Peace Centre officially opened on Monday, 2nd February 2015, just over a year after fundraising and work started to get the project off the ground, and some 12 years after the project was originally dreamed up by Peace, Golden and Anthony in the village of Bukinda, south west Uganda.
The orphanage was built over a period of about twelve months, including a few weeks’ work on construction with students from Dulwich College Shanghai, who have contributed a tremendous amount to the cause.
We opened the Centre to an initial group of 16 orphans, but with more sponsor families we now have the capacity to provide for 40 children at The Peace Centre. Our second phase is the PEACE Programme: to provide financial support for single or double orphans who still have family to live with but who cannot afford the costs of schooling, especially at secondary level. We know how crucial education is for these children, yet also believe strongly in the family as a unit.